Tuesday 10 January 2012

no human would stack books like this

Bought new mice. For a bit of a change, we went for boys; three of the wee blighters.

Barton...
...Megatron...

...and Dave.

Boy mice are different to girl mice. Partly because they are a little bit smellier and more quarrelsome, but mainly because of their tiny mouse junk.

Sadly, little Dave only lasted a few days. Perhaps because of his predilection for jumping off of tall things, perhaps because he liked to wee in his own food bowl. Who knows.

Meanwhile, in toy soldier land...

A few months ago the RoboJew phoned me to see if I wanted to go to the 40k doubles tournament with him. I figured I'd probably be quite busy with work and things, and wouldn't have time to get an army together; but because I happened to be in the pub at the time (and was subsequently highly suggestible) I agreed in a noisy and obnoxious manner. Now I have six weeks left to turn out a bunch of new Orks.

Here's the first lot; Zzap Gunz.

The standard models are a bit dull, so I cobbled these together out of scraps from the bitz box.



No-one will be expecting Zzap Gunz, because they're rubbish. To make sure that the grot crew don't run away before they have the opportunity to show just how rubbish they can be, they will be accompanied by a burly Ork.

Since these toys are entirely composed of spare parts I had kicking around, I didn't have to buy any of them. But if did have to buy toys, I would have gone straight to Target Gaming where a legion of Aryan superhumans would have cheerfully helped to support my crippling toy soldier addiction.

No comments: