Friday 30 October 2009

A-bloopy-doopy-bloopty-bloop


I bought myself a new toy this week.

I have embarked on a university project that requires access to some quite specific bits of very tedious software, which only exist on very specific and tedious computers in university. And naturally, any time I need to use one of these bits of specific and tedious software, either I can't find a free computer, or I find one and it doesn't have the right software on it, or I find one and it has the right software on it, but a class starts five minutes later and I have to leave.

This was all getting a bit tedious; and so after consulting the RoboJEW for advice and then procrastinating for a couple of weeks, I went out and bought a shiny new laptop.


Despite my usually crippling e-tardedness, it was next to no time at all before I was playing solitaire in the comfort of my own living room.

The casual observer might suggest that I would have been able to achieve the exact same results at a lower cost by simply buying a pack of cards. But could I waste an entire evening doing finite element analysis on a deck of cards? HUH? COULD I?!


I wish I'd bought that pack of cards.

1 comment:

Matt said...

So, how much can the cards handle before they fail? Huh?