Sunday 27 April 2008

the end of a (soap op)era

The apathy has reached fever pitch.

There's loads of stuff I need to be doing - coursework, revision, placement applications, interview preparation - but I just can't seem to summon up the energy or enthusiasm to even think about maybe considering the vaguest possibility of perhaps making a start on any of it.

It's been a funny couple of weeks. I managed to get my evil hand drill CAD assignment completed a whole day before the submission deadline; it wasn't perfect, but by this point I'd had enough of it.


Frankly, it was all rather too much effort for far too little reward; the Design Embodiment and Materials Selection module only carries one sixth of the credits for the whole year, the actual design part only makes up 50% of the marks for the module, and only half of those marks come from this assignment. Sigh.

A few days after handing in this hideous time-wasting piece of crap, I went off to Wales for (former housemate and splendidly hairy friend) George's stag day/night/shenanigan. I got the feeling that it was going to be a long day when at half eight in the morning we found ourselves in a supermarket car park, with George dressed in gorilla outfit being forced to chug a bottle of beer...

The actual day itself was spent at Go Ape, falling out of trees and flying about on ziplines. I have quite an affinity for such simian capers, and found it to all be rather good fun, if a tad cold and wet. The evening was a more tedious affair, and was pretty much a textbook stag do. Overpriced meal? Check. Rubbish nightclub? Check. Hideous stripper? Check. Bride (also on her hen night) phone up in drunken rage and cancel wedding? Check. Manage to lose groom dressed as a caveman in the middle of Cardiff at 3am while all this was happening? Check.

Of course, everything is more or less back to normal now, and the wedding is on again.

In other news, The Boy has decided to move out, and from sometime next month she will be living with her fella Rich and all his bits of computers. I think I shall miss her... she's been my partner in crime for a good year or so now, and it's been fun getting into all sorts of mischief with her. And not just the sexy kind of mischief. On the plus side, her place will be taken - for a short while at least - by the very splendid and worthwhile Charlie Cat.

And in other other news, my car got stolen at some point on Thursday night. The first I knew of this was when the police phoned to say that they had recovered it in Horfield, and so now I owed them £105 plus VAT. At present they still have my car; I don't know where it is, I don't know when I can get it back, I don't know if it's drivable, I don't know if it's repairable, I don't know if my stuff is still in it... and I've got an interview to get to on Wednesday. It's like these bastards weren't thinking of me at all when they nicked my wheels.

I have, however, found a solution to my predicament. I am drunk.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You....drunk? Never!

You know I'll miss you Brooksy, I'll miss you a helluva lot.

x